Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Finally, Better Off!

It's been hanging around on my easel so long being refined, and refined and tweaked and adored... that I can literally not believe that this painting is finally finished!

So without further ado:
Titled: Better Off
1000mm x 1000mm x 32mm
Acrylic on Gallery Cotton
$1800.00
Featuring many of my favourite themes, pretty tea cups, a woman in a white dress, vintage luggage, the Australian Desert, Royal Red circus curtains, these things make me so happy :-) I am not sure if her ship is coming in, and if so, if it was the ship that she was after, or if it is just dropping off the rest of her luggage! This beautiful piece will mean different things to different people and I look forward to hearing your comments.

She is on her way to Gallery Beneath at Mooloolaba where she will be available for investment.

Otherwise, it has been awfully good painting weather here, with the rain pelting down continuously, being outdoors seems a little un-enticing. the rain did clear momentarily this morning allowing me to do a little photography in preperation for my next piece which I am so incredibly excited about. I have been keeping my daughter awake at night describing to her what it is going to look like.

I have also been reading an incredibly fabulous book titled "The Night Circus" by Erin Morgenstern, a completely magical story that will fill your head and heart with delight, magic and wonder! I am sure it will be a while before I find another book that I love like this one.

So I leave you as I dive into my just delivered box of new art supplies (yay).
Please contact me if you have any queries or if you would like to invest in the above painting "Better Off".
Tara Spicer
Nirvana Visions
www.nirvanavisions.org

No comments:

Post a Comment