Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sketching passions!

Thankyou so much to Yanni Floros, who held a workshop through Lethbridge Gallery, that I was able to attend on the weekend. Yanni guided a number of us step by step through working with charcoal... here is as far as I got (obviously there is much to go!).

So I came home afterwards and just had to try out what I had learned on canvas from one of my own images:
Part 1, my sketch with graphite.
Part 2, incorporating new skills and charcoal as learnt with Yanni.
I am now testing out the success of painting on over this beautiful sketch (nerve wracking!) Waiting for the clear gesso to dry... will post the results. The gesso still dragged the charcoal a little in areas and the spray fixative bunched up in places, might have to try diluting the gesso with water and see how that goes?

Tara Spicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment